When it comes to DSLR cameras, technology has come a long way over the years. Today, good digital SLR cameras are relatively inexpensive and create high quality still photographs. With the ability to add different lenses for different situations, they quickly can become a powerful tool for capturing memories. To help you choose the best available, we have a list of the top five DSLR cameras that you should consider.
Top 5 Digital SLR Cameras
Here is a quick rundown of the top five popular DSLR models you should consider.
- Canon EOS Rebel XS – This is the least expensive DSLR model from Canon, but it’s a great performer for someone new to digital SLR cameras. It has quite a bit of power, but it’s easy to use and one of the best values out there for the money.
- Nikon D3000 – This is Nikon’s new entry level DSLR, but it’s powerful and has everything the beginning photographer needs. Many professional photographers also like shooting with this model.
- Olympus Evolt E520 – Olympus is relatively new to the DSLR market, but they know what they’re doing. This model has all the features a beginning photographer could want or need at a super low price. Most times, you can even find it with a lens included.
- Pentax K2000 – If you want the most user-friendly DSLR on the market, you want to go with this Pentax. It’s simple to use to create stunning photographs at sizes large enough to print posters – if you want.
- Sony Alpha A230 – This super affordable DSLR camera is from a brand you know. Even though Sony is pretty new to DSLR cameras, the Alpha A230 is impressive in many ways. For most, however, it’s the price of this camera that makes it a deal. With the savings, you can invest in a better lens.
How the DSLR Brands Compare
- Canon – With a rich history and good customer service, Canon is one of the more popular DSLR choices.
- Nikon – This is a well known name with it comes to digital SLR cameras. Behind the reputation is great quality.
- Olympus – Full featured at a good price what makes Olympus DSLRs stand out.
- Pentax – Those that want the easiest to use DSLR camera should consider the Pentax.
- Sony – New to DSLR cameras, but has a very affordable option.
As you can see, each brand of digital SLR camera has its own pros and cons. The best one is going to depend primarily on how you are going to use the camera and how much money you have to spend. With a little more research, you should be able to find the best digital SLR camera for you personally.