When you purchase a DSLR camera, you want to make sure you get the most bang for your buck. Whether you are buying for yourself or as a gift for someone else, doing a little research can go a long way in making sure you get the best camera for the best price. Our list of the best DSLR cameras on the market should help you decide which one is going to be best for you.
The Top 10 DSLR Cameras
Here is a quick rundown of the best DSLR cameras currently available.
- Canon EOS Rebel XS – This is one of the cheapest Canons, but it doesn’t skimp on power or performance. If you want an entry level camera, this is a very good choice.
- Canon EOS Rebel T2i – This is another entry level camera from Canon, but it offers HD video, which is becoming more common, but for now it is one of the only ones at this price range to have it.
- Nikon D3000 – This is a beginner DSLR camera from Nikon. It has everything you need to take stunning photographs, even if you don’t have a lot of skills. The auto-settings are good, but there is enough manual settings to make more advanced users happy.
- Sony Alpha A230 – You may not think of Sony when you think of DSLR cameras, but they have one of the least expensive beginner models. The stats are not too shabby either, making it a strong contender.
- Olympus Evolt E520 – Olympus has made cameras for a while, but they are relatively new to DSLR cameras. They have a winner with this one.
- Pentax K2000 – If you are looking for a user friendly DSLR camera, this should be on top of your list. It’s small and light weight, but powerful and able to get great looking photos.
- Nikon D700 – For more advanced photographers, this DSLR from Nikon has a hefty amount of features, a good feel, and the quality of the Nikon brand name behind it. While not the newest DSLR around, you can probably find it for a good price, leaving you extra money for a quality zoom lens.
- LUMIX DMC-GF1 – If you are looking for small, portable, light weight, yet still able to take stunning photos, you want to check out this Lumix. It even does HD video.
- Nikon D5000 – This Nikon does HD video and still manages to make it easy to take clear, crisp and stunning still photographs. Being able to shoot video or high quality photos with the same equipment is what makes this newer Nikon such a great hit. With new Nikon models coming out in 2011, you may be able to get the Nikon D5000 for a great price if you shop around.
- Nikon D90 – Those looking for a high-end camera for a good price need to look at the Nikon D90 DSLR camera. This camera has a solid construction and can take wonderful photos with the right lens. It’s powerful, but it’s also easy to use.